RE: [OM] newly introduced

Subject: RE: [OM] newly introduced
From: John F Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 13:54:07 +1100
G'day Eric,

Well, mate I've only had an OM-2 for ten days now so as to the merits of
the thing I really wouldn't be an expert. But let me say that the one test
roll I exposed in a nearby shopping mall in all kinds of light produced
rather surprising results as to sharpness and balance right down to the
corners. While this twenty-five-odd year old camera seems in excellent
condition it was nevertheless still a bit dowdy due to sitting unused for
some time. I reckon you may do as well with some other makes but you surely
won't do necessarily better! And you'll be saving a nicely put together
mechanism from the junkyard.

But perhaps more importantly, if you stay on this list you'll be joining a
merry band of friendly and helpful obsessives who'll only be too happy to
be at your beck and call. And that from a guy who's only been on the list
for two days!

Best regards,
John.