Re: [OM] newly introduced

Subject: Re: [OM] newly introduced
From: "gwsears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 21:26:40 -0500

> I'n not sure who said to buy other equipment than Oly ones (maybe Tom
> Scales), but I would like to spend some word on this. ........

big snip

I agree with Tom on this one.  As serious amateur/hobbiest as well
as collectors that we all are, the OM is the way to go for the pure
love of the equipment, as well as the hobby.

But for pro photographers, there's no way OM should be
considered.  The Nikons, Canons rule that venue.  A pro would buy
an F5, use it for a year, depreciate hell out of it at tax time and buy
another, a newer model if it exists.

I don't think I would enjoy using my OM equipment in that manner.
Now when it all switches to digital, I think Olympus will be right
there in the running.

I must think about it some more now.

geo2