Re: [OM] 50mm: Which one to keep?

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm: Which one to keep?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 01:57:12 +0000
Gary,
I have three 50/1.4's, all multi-coated. The first S/N is between 770k and 1,000k, the second is 1,055k, and the third is over 1,100k. The second and third have the same form of multi-coating; I cannot tell the difference between them. The first, with < 1,000k S/N, has multi-coating but not on all the elements. Its coatings are noticeably different from the other two. My conclusion is the "break point" in how much of the 50/1.4 lens is multi-coated is not at S/N 1,100k, but some point earlier than that.

-- John