Re: [OM] heresy

Subject: Re: [OM] heresy
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 10:52:09 +0200

I actually like the placement; I believe that it is there to save space/height,
as all the shutter mechanism is underneath the mirror box.
No one has mentioned that Zuiko prime lenses have a big advantage over 'other'
brands, in that Zuiko primes have their aperture ring at the front of the lens,
so that you do not risk moving the aperture ring when changing shutter speed. It
is not so important with auto of course. The zooms do not have this
advantage....

mvh / regards
Roger Key

...do people actually like the shutter speed ring placement on OM's?
I mean the darn thing is fiddly and hard to find, especially with a large
lens and tripod ring. I absolutely hate it.