[OM] Sexy Shutter Sounds [was] om-4 or om-2s FS

Subject: [OM] Sexy Shutter Sounds [was] om-4 or om-2s FS
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:03:15 +0000
At 15:23 6/4/01, Dave Bulger wrote:

Don't forget that sexxxxy shutter sound!  Rumor has it Tom uses it to get
everyone in the mood at his orgies...

Dave

Yes, the governor in the OM-2S that slows down the shutter release slightly does indeed give it a unique and pleasing sound. However, my *OM* "sexy shutter sound" award goes to the mechanical shutters on the OM-1 and OM-1n. Not having heard an OM-3 or OM-3ti, these too may qualify.

My all-time "sexy shutter sound" award goes to all but the highest shutter speeds on the Zeiss Ikon Contax (II/III and IIa/IIIa); 1/100th and slower. No mirror sound, just the shutter clockwork and shoop sound of the metal curtains.

-- John