Re: [OM] OM-3 mechanical self timer

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3 mechanical self timer
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:17:33 -0400
The wind-up, add-on, screw-in-the-cable-release self timer mechanism has
been around for decades.  I remember buying one in the 60s.   It's made by
the Acme Photo Accessory  Co.  ;-).  These can be poorly designed regarding
how far the plunger travels and in some cases (like those wonderful
"soft-release" buttons) can cause damage to the  release mechanisms of  OM
bodies.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000