Re: [OM] mystery flare

Subject: Re: [OM] mystery flare
From: "Hans-Joachim Busch" <Busch-Koeln@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:06:50 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike" <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Olympus-Digest" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 3:47 AM
Subject: [OM] mystery flare

> that is :) I've gone back and checked and it shows up in the same spot
> and with different lenses and different angles from the sun. It is much
> more pronounced when the shot is nearer the sun which is why I had at

Because of your describtion: if it is a light leak it could be only from the
front, may be the shutter curtain. Place the camera in the light and then
make a "picture" in the dark. So there should be nothing on that frame if it
is no leak. If there really is nothing on the frame you should look after
reflections. May be some of the black color in the mirror housing is gone.