Re: [OM] 100mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm f2
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:02:25 -0500 (CDT)

> In a message dated 7/11/01 11:31:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > That should allow fairly tight head shots and let you use the lens
> > indoors.
> >

> Actually I have thought of 14mm tube and the 300.  I have a 14mm tube and I
> can do it conceptually.  Now if I can just get a very very active 15 mo old
> to hold still for long enough to get her in focus .....
>
> Dave D

For that, I've found a zone-focused wide angle to work best. P&Ses have too
much shutter lag, and they like to focus on the blinds on the far side of
the room, which , because they use flashmatic, causes overexposure on top
of the misfocusing.

For a 180mm, I've found it easiest to set the distance once, then focus
by rocking forward and back.

Paul