Re: [OM] Using a Pro Lab for Developing

Subject: Re: [OM] Using a Pro Lab for Developing
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:31:26 +0000
At 02:04 7/23/01, John Robinson wrote:
Right on target John, about a year ago I purchased a
Mamiya C220 outfit that included a eyelevel finder,
not a porofinder, a big heavy pentaprism finder. I
have discovered that this monster has no place to hold
onto when useing this finder, unless I can find some
sort of grip thst works, it just has to be put on a
tripod. I like the unreversed view though and I find
that the slowdown has helped my photography. The other
major fly in this 6x6 jar of onitment has been finding
processing for this format. At present it is a 40 mile
round trip.     John Robison

The Mamiya C220 is a real workhorse TLR (I have an M645 SLR), and considered one a while back, but it is a "beast" compared to a Rolleiflex (a metered "E" or "F" of which, with 220 capability I wish I could afford). Count your blessings. My round trip to the nearest lab for 120/220 processing is 60 miles. On the upside, they can do both C-41 and E-6.

I tried Qualex (Kodak Premium Processing) and for a while thought my film inserts were getting worn. Not so. Qualex was fogging the film edges on the first few frames when unspooling it for processing. Started using the pro lab 60 miles away and it hasn't happened since. Hmmm, guess it's not the inserts!

-- John