Re: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135

Subject: Re: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:18:45 +0000
At 00:17 7/28/01, you wrote:
Yes, film is also very important, if you already use Velvia what can you do
to improve? Sometime you just can't always use ISO50 film, it is too slow.
What we can do is to use the best lens you know if one can afford. I think
all agree photographer is the most important element but money can't buy. On
the other hand if you can afford (both money and weight) why not get the
best?

C.H.Ling

If you're looking for sheer acuity in transparency films (combination of resolving power and edge sharpness), Try Provia 100F (RDP III), Kodachrome 25 (while it lasts), or Kodachrome 64. Obviously, Kodachrome 25 is a stop slower, and Kodachrome 64 is 1/3 stop faster than Velvia. Provia 100F is a full stop faster than Velvia.

Kodachrome 64 is used for the bulk of my work with some Provia 100F occasionally.

-- John