Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 (and 2) Pros & Cons

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 (and 2) Pros & Cons
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:11:17 -0500
Is it worth the added weight and expense?
I shot a wedding with the MD2 and T45 flash and all I can say is that I need
to go the gym more.  Maybe it was the T45, but trying to focus in low light
and hold the camera steady for any length of time was quite difficult.  When
I don't need the power of the T45, I'm definitely going to stick with the
BG2 and MD1.

I'm not sure if this is unique to my MD2, but the rewind always leaves a
little tab exposed.  I then have to manually take up the rest of the
film...otherwise I would probably reshoot the roll!  I guess it is a nice
feature if I wanted to do double exposures, but I find it annoying.  Do all
MD2s do this?
Another point: I have to press the 'set' button down to '0' if I want to
force a rewind...this happens when I shoot some photos without the MD2 and
it doesn't count the shot in the shots available (I think this only happens
with the OM-1(n) and Om-2(n)).

--p.j.