Re: [OM] Too good to photograph

Subject: Re: [OM] Too good to photograph
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:47:06 +0100
> >From: "Terry and Tracey"
> [snip]
> >
> >I was at Cabramurra over the last two days. There were some scenes so nice
> >couldn't take photos of them. Does anyone else do this too?
> >
> >Foxy

I've been wracking my brains and I can't think of any time I've ever
thought this.  So many times I've been unable to take the photograph I
wanted because I was in the wrong place, had the wrong lens, not enough
light, things like that.  But I always snap away anyway.

However - I've regretted this just once.  I was in Zambia for the total
eclipse of the sun (scanning in the photos slowly but steadily...I'll
put up a link when I've got a page ready), and I spent much of the 3m45s
looking through the viewfinder, snapping away.  I don't think I -would-
have regretted this, had my camera with the film still in it not been
sadly stolen later in the trip.  As it is, my most vivid memories of the
eclipse include a little split circle in the middle, and I've got no
photos of it.

I think if I go to the next eclipse, December 4th 2002, I will just
watch.  And a lesson very well learned indeed - take the film out the
camera AS SOON as it is finished!!

Roger