Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)

Subject: Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:43:46 -0400
Joel said:
... I did somehow between filters read Oben's tale about virtually
robbing some poor backwoods camera store of a bag of MD caps -- 80-some
of them, I think. I decided after thinking about it that this must have
been made up to drive people on the list crazy...
Yup, I too thought it mighty peculiar that a backwoods camera store
should have such awful inventory management that they had a bag of 80 MD
caps.  One explanation is that they were being hoarded on speculation of
future shortages.  But if that were the case the camera store owner
would certainly have been aware of their value.  Certainly not
impossible but it sure does smell like a tall tale to me.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA