[OM] Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter?

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter?
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:19:03 -0700 (PDT)
Today I walked into one of my local camera stores to
find several brand new items from Vivitar for Olympus
OM. One was a 28/2.8 lens that was light, but made out
of plastic. The other 2 were 2 brand new Vivitar 2x
macro focusing telecoverters. These converters seemed
to not only be able to do their normal function as
focal length doublers, but also turned the lens into a
macro capable of 1:1 reproduction. They were a bit
expensive at 149.99, but appeared to be well made of
an all metal body it seemed.
I have never seen these on Evilbay (granted I never
really looked either), but the macro feature intrigues
me. Does it actually work? Does it work well? If
anyone could give me any input on this item, its
quality of construction and quality of picture it
produces and so forth I'd much appreciate it. I also
extend an invitation if someone wants to buy one
through me as the middleman (I'd only charge tax and
shipping extra, no "finders fee" or anything) please
contact me offlist at royer007@xxxxxxxxx. Thank you
for your time

Mark Lloyd