Re: [OM] Pardon the Heresy? Nikon Anybody

Subject: Re: [OM] Pardon the Heresy? Nikon Anybody
From: Nick Taylor <ntaylor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:19:21 -0700
Clemente Colayco wrote:

> Continuing the what if  mode, would this IS lens by Canon ( 28 - 135) allow
> one to take pictures at say 1/30, or 1/15 of a second?

Can't say how slow a shutter speed you'd be able to use with
satisfactory results ... it depends on how good you are at
holding the camera steady.  In general most users of the Canon
IS lenses report a 1.5 to 2 stop increase.  I figure that it
gives me a conistent 1 stop increase ... sometimes more.

> Then we would need less of a tripod?

Canon recomends turning image stab. off when using a tripod with
most of their lenses.  Some of them will "hunt" a little if there
isn't some movement.

  -Nick T.