[OM] OM-2S flash mistake

Subject: [OM] OM-2S flash mistake
From: "Tina Turgeon" <tturgeon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:37:11 -0400
Ray,

That sucks that you had to re-take some of those pictures.  How
frustrating!!

I'm pretty new to the Oly world and I, too, have an OM-2S.  I've heard about
the battery consumption problem with this particular model.  When this
camera was given to me, I remember him telling me to make sure I keep the
lens cover on to save the batteries a bit.  Do you do that?  Granted, I
don't use a flash *all* the time, but I just replaced the batteries that
were in there since January.  Yeah, I wish it had an on/off switch too.  I
like the suggestion of putting the camera to the red B setting when not in
use so that you'll realize the 'error' right away if it happens again.

Tina

Ray wrote:

<snip>
RANT:
If Olympus had equipped the OM-2S with an on/off switch, I wouldn't
have to resort to such round about ways of conserving batteries! By
trying to improve ease of operation, with the camera always ready to
take a shot, which is not a bad goal if they had done it properly with
a non-thirsty circuit as in the OM-4T, Olympus have actually made it
worse! You shouldn't have to do silly things like selecting red 60
(which is very stiff on my camera), remove batteries, etc. One of the
things I like about the OM-2n mode selector is its "off" position.
<snip>

Regards,

=====
Ray