RE: [OM] TTL Flash

Subject: RE: [OM] TTL Flash
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:18:54 -0700
I'll throw my two cents worth in.  One feature that would make me want to
buy a new OM camera would be a higher Sync speed at least 250th.  It is one
of the things that I miss about the ETRS that I sold when I got married.
And yes I have a OM-4t and could in theory buy a 280 flash but the guide
number at the higher shutter speeds is not that high.  I might give up the
ttl for that higher sync speed.  John Gettis

The 1/60 second flash sync comes with the shutter systemen used in all OM
body's (the same as in the Leica). Faster sync comes with metal (vertical)
shutters and that would mean a redesign for the OTF system. I'd hate to lose
OFT and gain a faster sync time.

Daan