Re: [OM] Made in Japan 50mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Made in Japan 50mm
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 05:56:49 -0600
Others have answered the quality question, but left one unanswered. The
serial number is on the side of the lens mount.

Tom

Whatsso special about these "made in japan" fifties? I bought one recently
and noticed only afterwards that the lens doesnt show a serial number but
instead the made in japan wording (aren´t they all made in japan?). My first
thought then was that this was a cost cutting measure from the manufacturer
and consequently that cost cutting could also be evident in less lens
quality. However I was not disappointed with the results of this lens.

harry WIECHEL