RE: [OM] Sad to see beauty spoiled

Subject: RE: [OM] Sad to see beauty spoiled
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:17:05 -0500
I agree.  Two weeks ago I purchased a 4Ti from Midwest Photo
for $125.  They had sent it to a local repair shop.  Self
timer and battery check wouldn't work.  Came back labeled
"Not Repairable". I took a look at it and bought it.  All
works fine.  Just had to move the switch on the ST knob.
(:>

I've found a 4 with updated 4T circuit in another shop.  Has
similar "problem", but Spot Meter section doesn't work.  I'm
going to wait a while and see what I can pick it up for.
Last was $100, but that was before it came back from repair
with "Not Repairable" label.  (:> (:>

Brian P. Huber

> My bet is someone once had a connection to a repair shop
and
> scored all the
> equipment deemed 'beyond economical repair'...  And until
you learn of
> services like John H's and Clint's, a LOT of OM gear gets
that tag.