Re: [OM] OM shift

Subject: Re: [OM] OM shift
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 16:29:44 -0800 (PST)
Hmm, maybe you are right, but I have seen Zuiko 24
shift lenses 'ruined' before, their lens mountings
removed and something else stuck on. Also the shifting
mechanism would be a liability rather than an asset to
MF photography since the lens has great coverage for
35mm, but barely covers 6x6 if my memory is correct. I
would sincerely hope that the guy came up with a
mechanical means to hold the lens to the body rather
than just supergluing it or something (shudder)

Maybe my imagination is running away with me. Even
stranger is that the lens might be preferable in the
setup it is in as what is a 24mm perspective
equivalent to in MF photography. I think MF fisheye
lenses start at 30mm and I read somewhere (memory very
fuzzy here) that Hassleblad made circular fisheye for
tire inspections that was in this range. So it might
just be a very cool lens for MF.

Anyway I hope someone on the list snatches this up and
can provide us with all the juicy details.

Mark Lloyd