[OM] [OM Saturday's Fang

Subject: [OM] [OM Saturday's Fang
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:00:46 +0100
...arrived today.

A 135/4.5 macro, a 38/3.5 macro with flange and a PM-EL 38 Mirror housing
together with a Panagor Auto Macro Converter. All in nice but user state, a
little dusty perhaps.

We have discussed the matter of caps. The 38mm came in the original case.
whereas the 135mm came with (I think) generic front and back caps. The back cap
is a 38mm slip on type, the slip-on front cap does definitely not look like an
Olympus cap. It will need one of the sought-after 55mm lens caps.

All items look more or less used; in particular the mirror housing is full of
dust. I think that careful cleaning will do the job.

About the Panagor Auto Macro Converter: I'm puzzled. Does anyone on the list
have one? I have just attached it to a 50mm lens. It does 1:1 macro! Very nice
as an alternative to Auto Extension rings, but how does it perform compared to
the rings? The scale says 1:10...1:1. I have no documentation on this thing.
Below the scale with the enlargement factors there is another scale with blue
writing that goes from 2.5 to 2.75. What does it mean?

Any help is welcome.

Best regards

Bernd