Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!

Subject: Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!
From: RK <rk1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:53:02 +0530
Acer,
If you're really serious about this, why not get a flash meter?
It'll save you a lot of guess work about the what percentage of the flash
output is being reduced.
I had a couple of el-cheapo Vivitar flashes that gave consistently incorrect
flash exposures on auto for years but
after I measured the delivered output with a meter (Sekonic 308b) I was able to
compute a new set of GN's for
them. Now I use them on manual and cut down the output if necessary by a white
tissue.
All exposures since, are spot-on, whether bounced or diffused.
Hope this helps,
RK