Re: [OM] now wait just a moment

Subject: Re: [OM] now wait just a moment
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 18:11:56 -0600
At 01:26 PM 2/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:
That is interesting, my 24/2.8 was my most used lens before I got my 35-80/2.8. Now it is the second most used. Galen Rowell, when he was still using mostly single focal lengths said his N**** 24/2.8 was his most used lens. I wonder whether the difference is geographic with mountains and desert calling for wide angles and comparatively featureless, flat expanses calling for macros and telephotos.
--
Winsor Crosby

"Flat" you find more rarely than you would think when you start to examine it, and "featureless" is not the word I would use, since there wouldn't be any point in photographing what is featureless, but I certainly agree with you other than the choice of words. Where the dimensions are high rather than deep as they often are in the American West, the wides are really useful. Shooting in Iowa there have been whole sessions in which I never mounted a lens other than the 85-250/5.

That could be me though. I try to use the longest lens I can wherever I am.

Joel W.