Re: [[OM] Semi-OT: getting into MF _super_ cheap?]

Subject: Re: [[OM] Semi-OT: getting into MF _super_ cheap?]
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 23:39:08 -0800
on 2/14/02 11:56 AM, Daniel J. Mitchell at DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>> Those pictures look positively artistic. I really
>> wouldn't give them many marks for sharpness though
>> (not criticising you).
>
> The actual prints are sharper than they look once I'd finished
> scanning/resizing them, to be fair -- it seemed more like cheating than
> normal to use unsharp-mask on them. The originals aren't razor sharp, sure,
> but they're surprisingly respectable.
>
> -- dan

My very first camera, when I was about 8 years old, was a Kodak Brownie, a
127 with a built-in AG-1 flash. I still have some pictures taken with that
camera, and they were't all that sharp either. There are probably millions
of family pics out there with technical quality in the 'Holga' class, but
important to the people in the pictures. I can't call any of my 35-year old
snapshots art, but its a trip to look back...
--

Jim Brokaw

Remember "Open Me First"? That's what it said on the box... that camera
might still be around somewhere.