Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?

Subject: Re: [OM] what happened to e-sif?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:45:36 +0100
: He has done a job that defies description. Somebody bad mouthed him and
: apologises immediately. Hey, we all make mistakes.

He did, but not convincing to me... You see, first he's written me privately
using the link on the eSIF CD page that he should have downloaded the eSIF
while he could. I replied that he would have helped in bringing the eSIF to
its end. So he answers it was a joke and of course he wanted the CD. So I
sent him the info how to get the CD. And a couple of hours later this same
guy writes to the list that apparently I have decided to make money out of
the eSIF! At that time I was already very angry because Larry just bluntly
admitted he was one of the sharks that had downloaded the entire site...

But it's ok - my anger never lasts for more than a couple of hours. And of
course the eSIF will be back online! You see, I've got this great idea!
Larry installs an illegal copy of the Apache Web Server software on his
machine (I'm sure he can find some obscure Chinese site that carries the
latest version), and publishes the files that he has stolen from the eSIF on
his machine. Then we ALL come to visit him...

Seriously, the eSIF *IS* already back online. I'm just not giving you all
the link to it, because I'm still working on a couple of mirrors. The more
mirrors, the bigger chance that the eSIF will survive this time!

hnz