Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 meter problems?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 19:16:23 -0600
If you have a newer style meter (where the meter frame is separate from
the eyepiece, mostly on 1n's), check the ground -- touch from the metal
frame of the meter to the body and see if the meter doesn't jump up.  If
so, lift out the meter/frame assy and clean the foil grounding strip
w/acetone to remove the glue.  Also, you might want to scrape away any
paint from the body around the screw hole where the foil strip is held.

On others, wick off the solder on the circuit board and reapply -- and
while you're at it, gently wiggle the resistors, sometimes they'll crack
so that you can't tell until they're moved.