Re: [OM] OM2s advice/flat bed scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2s advice/flat bed scanners
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:33:35 -0400
This is going back a little into the posts.
I bought an HP 4470c scanner yesterday that has a 35mm slide and negative
attachment. It gives quite poor quality on 35mm slides, so it is going back
to the store.
The Epson you mentioned seems to get good reviews at
http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0-1073.html?tag=dir
Unfortunately I didn't check the reviews there first before trying the one I
did. It got reviews that pretty much mirror my experience.
The Epson might be a little more than I want to put into one right now, but
it seems to be what you have to spend to get one that will do slides. I
think I might put the money into a C-4040 olympus digital before going that
much on a scanner. But its a little disappointing as I did have some ideas
for a web sight.
Wayne