Re: [OM] Point-and-shoots -- XA -vs- Stylus Epic/mjuII?

Subject: Re: [OM] Point-and-shoots -- XA -vs- Stylus Epic/mjuII?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:22:58 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: C.H.Ling <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 9:11 PM

> Shooting with XA will give you more confidence, you get more control
> on focusing and exposure. With the Mju II I always get 2-3 out of
> focus shots in a roll, my friend has the same founding.

I have found that I got some out of focus shots with the MJU as well,
especially if the subject isn't centered, and you haven't used spot focus
(spot focus is of course slower and worse than manual focus imho).  But
isn't that the case with most any auto focus camera? I assumed it is, but
don't know from experience as the MJU is the only auto focus I own, and the
only one I want, at least right now. I just assumed some out of focus pics
is the price you pay as a trade off for being able to grab a shot faster,
etc. (And I'm thinking, if a 35mm lens has off focus shots, what would be
the case with a camera with a longer lens?)

Other differences, MJU has faster shutter speeds, 1/2000 versus 1/500. Also
closer focus distance.  Still talking apples and oranges. Both are good. But
I don't carry oranges in my pocket. MJU is best for a pocket camera most of
the time imho.  .02 cdn worth, worth even less today.
Wayne