RE: [OM] B+W Film recommendation?

Subject: RE: [OM] B+W Film recommendation?
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:06:48 -0500
Mickey:

Well, I think that 100 may still be a bit slow depending on
light-subject distance.  When shooting B+W, I love Plus-X and Tri-X.  I
have all of my own little tricks to bring out the best in those films
(for my eye, at least) but if someone else is doing it, I would just
under-rate each of them by 1/3 stop (100 and 320 respectively).

There are just as many opinions as there are films (probably more!), but
these two films work well for me.  I like the grain structure and tonal
ranges.  Both are very classic and will hold a lot of detail.

Best luck, and let us know how they turn out!

Bob

p.s.

for cost, color film will be a lot cheaper, and though the quality isn't
the same, most labs will make a B+W print from a color negative.  It is
sometimes good to have both options.

<snip>

I will use 2 umbrella flashes for the head shots, and plan to use an
OM4T
and 100/2.8. Question is, what would be an appropriate film emulsion for
this? I want to shoot at ISO 100 or slower so I can keep the lens open a
bit
to confine the depth of focus. I do not process my own soup.