Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?

Subject: Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:09:11 -0700

Unless bowing of the film's an issue (in the mount) I'd definitely mount them. The Polaroid negative film carrier works, but just barely, and then there's the issue of where the cuts are made by the film processor--if they miss by a hair . . . .

Scanning slides would be a much easier procedure all around from what I can see.

Tris

This question if for all the Zuikoheads out there who jumped on the Polaroid
scanner band wagon last fall as I did.  Mine is still NIB as I just got the
computer and printer that will handle the digital darkroom set up.  My house
is still not in proper order after the paint job.  I have the punch list
complete, the painter just hasn't come back to punch it out.   Heres the
question: I'm I better off to not mount the transparencies for scanning or
should I go ahead and mount them.  Don't really plan on ever putting them in
a projector, although it is possible.  Bill Barber