Re: [OM] Starting the packing process

Subject: Re: [OM] Starting the packing process
From: "Ian BManners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:45:10 +1000 (EST)
> So, how about a vote:
>
> Item          Yes  No
> ------------- ---  ---
> 24/2.8        Y
> 35/2.5                   N
> 50/3.5        Y
> 100/2.8        X     Y (sorry already decided on that)
> 135/3.5
> 200/4                   N
> Flash                   N
> Extension Tubes N

My experiences with exploration work is the
24, 50, and 100. ie, each one up is 2x FL of the
previous.  The 50 Macro does double duty. The
extension tube really depends on what you want
personally I would only add a 25 Auto Tube if any
at all.

Me, personally I take only a 24mm and the 35-80 F2.8.
If I really feel the need I will also take the 65-200 zoom
but for hiking I would leave it at home.

Cheers
Ian Manners