Re: Dimage Scan Dual 2 scanner, was Re: [OM] Renting a film scanner?

Subject: Re: Dimage Scan Dual 2 scanner, was Re: [OM] Renting a film scanner?
From: "Aaron Ginn" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:39:00 -0700
> Without yet reading the instructions, I was able to produce markedly
better
> scans on the first try than the brainless Picture CD.

May I recommend Vuescan in place of the Minolta scanning software?

http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan

I have a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite and I replaced the Minolta software with
Vuescan simply because Vuescan produces vastly better colors than the
Minolta software, particularly with negative film.  It is certainly a little
less user friendly than the Minolta software, but the results are worth the
learning curve.

You can download the trial version to test it out.  The full version costs
$40.  Believe me, it's the best $40 I've ever spent on software.  Well worth
the money!

Aaron