Re: [OM] Those other 135mm lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Those other 135mm lenses
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 15:15:56 +0100
Pick a good time and the Sunderland one can have up to 20 odd Zuikos at any one time. All good quality, all very reasonable prices. Not sure if they're on the Net or not. I'd love them to have a Zuiko 50mm Macro at a good price. I've been after one for years and saw one in Jessops in Bristol. Went to see it and the quality was appaling, scratched elements, dents, friction burns to the exterior, and they wanted #140 for it. Supposedly a good one is #200. I thought they originally sold for #150! Such is the price of fame!

All the best,
Gareth.

Never been to the Sunderland one - I'll have to check it out. The guys in Durham are really helpful, and they have a reasonable amount of OM stuff going through for such a small shop. Still waiting for them to have a Zuiko 21/3.5 for 50 quid though!

Cheers,
Roger

Gareth.J.Martin wrote:

Wow! Yeah it was. The bloke behind the counter with the glasses on was great. Whenever I went in for something small out would come the huge spares box and he would usually give it to me for nothing. Its a great shop. Don't know if you know but there is another Eagles in Sunderland about 30 times the size of that one (well maybe a little overestimation!). Always worth a visit as there is some great stuff there. Its still going strong. I think I might have to pay it a visit when I go home in December.

All the best,
Gareth.

That small camera shop wouldn't be Eagles in the Millburngate would it? That's where I got my first OM, five and a bit years ago. And they also managed to repair my OM-1 where other camera shops had tried and failed. I like Eagles.