Re: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: Christoph Berndt <christob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:13:57 +0200
Hi zuikos,

does anybody has made experience in scanning film with the new CanoScan
9900F?

The technical datasheet from Canon sounds good:

"3200dpi Hyper CCD sensor with 48-bit colour depth
Fast data transfer with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed/FireWire (IEEE1394) dual interface
Film scanning up to 5" x 4" large format film and 24 frames of 35mm film
Automatic dust and scratch removal technology (FARE) for film scanning"

Here in Germany it will be cost about 499 Euro.
Not much for a technical miracle.
Too much for a, as we would say in german english: "grip in the toilet
bowl".

Christoph