Re: [OM] Om4-ti wind problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Om4-ti wind problems
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:53:01 -0400
About that stuck rewind button theory:  I think you're exactly right.  To make
sure it doesn't happen next time, I'd do this:

After you rewind and open the camera, apply some finger pressure to the middle
of the toothed- spindle and wind-on.

The spindle should move (rotate) while you wind the lever.  (It's possible to
MAKE it slip but it shouldn't slip with light
pressure.)  If it slips, even with very light pressure, you'll probably find
the button is stuck.  In the infrequent times this has
happened, I was able to unstick it just by releasing the shutter and winding on
a few times.

Lama