RE: [OM] Travel kit

Subject: RE: [OM] Travel kit
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:55:04 +0100
I can only speak for Egypt, Jim and suggest you keep in mind that there will
likely be a *lot* of people around you, *very* close.  The Egyptian Museum
is (as best I can remember) unusually flexible about cameras, flash etc.
But getting a clear view of Tutankhamen's mask will be a challenge (and it
is behind glass).  You didn't mention if you were going outside Cairo, but
if you are headed to the Valley of the Kings, then expect even more people,
in even closer proximity to you and everything you might be photographing!
You need to buy a camera permit at the entrance to the valley.

Piers