Re: [OM] Wide-Normal-Moderate Tele Zuiko Zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Wide-Normal-Moderate Tele Zuiko Zooms
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:10:18 +1030
>The 35-70/80 range has been discussed here, so I have a handle on those.  Does
>anyone have experience with the 28-48?  I've looked at the data on Gary's
>site.  Anyone have field experience as to performance and build quality?  Is
>this really a "cheaper" Zuiko zoom ("S-Zuiko"), or is it just good value?

I think it's good value. We actually bought it as an "add-on" to a package
deal on some other OM stuff, not really sure if it would get a lot of use,
but then with space at a premium I took it (with 135/2.8 and 1n body) on a
couple of recent OS trips to Singapore and Sri Lanka, where I used it a lot
with very good results. It also finds its way onto a body as a "default" lens
when not really sure what's going to come up next.

It is a bit slow though, as others have mentioned, but on balance I like
it and will keep using it.

regards
  Andrew

PS congrats to the Poms on the Rugby World Cup -- that final play was a
stunner;  could almost get to like rugby :-)