[OM] Re: film development tank

Subject: [OM] Re: film development tank
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:46:26 +1100
>I went the opposite way. Probably because the Plastic reels I would
>use  were often still wet, or at times I would have to load a wet film. I
>also discovered how easy it is to dry film in a metal reel.  Use a
>cardboard or plastic tube dryer with a fan and filter at the bottom, and
>drop the loaded reels in the top after dunking them in a wetting
>agent.  Never got lint or dust on negatives after that.

A couple of students at my place decided that the easiest way would
be to dry them in the film drying cabinet. Put them on the bottom, on
the grill just above the elements, turned it up full and then went
and did whatever it is that 16 year olds do when they are forgetting
what ought to be done (eat, talk, plan the weekend, annoy members of
the opposing gender). The reels adopted some quite interesting
configurations, especially the older plastic ones (which I prefer to
the newer nylon type). And we never identified the culprits.

>My most successful attempt at keeping everything in it's place in a
>darkroom was when I kept a pet skunk in it when I worked at a summer
>camp.  Even though others had access to the room, no one bothered anything
>in there. :-)
>
>gregg

Wouldn't have kept me out - I haven't been bitten by a skunk yet :)
AndrewF