[OM] Re: Santa Fe

Subject: [OM] Re: Santa Fe
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:30:53 -0500
Bill,

I haven't had an oyster po' boy in Houston, so I can't compare.
But there's a certain extra element provided by the Galveston
ambiance, particularly in the place I'm thinking of in the old
town section, where the dining room actually hangs out over the
water, with fishing boats tied up outside, and where one side of
the old, weathered, white-washed building is a fresh seafood
market and the other side is a cafeteria-style seafood restaurant.

I would try and tell you exactly where it is, but when we go to
Texas, my wife, who grew up in the Houston-Galveston area, does
the driving, leaving me to be kind of like the little ol' lady
who, when asked by a girlfriend, "So, where did you go last
winter?" replied, "Oh, we went to Mallorca."

The friend asked, "Mallorca?  Where the hell is that?"

And the answer: "I dunno.  We flew."

As for the birding, you're right.  We're in the early planning
stages of a trip to Big Bend, maybe next year.

Walt