[OM] Re: Some E-1 test shots [E1]

Subject: [OM] Re: Some E-1 test shots [E1]
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:24:05 -0400
Whoops, blew those links, try this:

OK, I have done some more macro stuff with the E-1. If you use the
50-200mm lens with 25mm extension tube, you can get the maximum
magnification using the zoom set to 200mm and use the focus control for
focus. Before I suggested using the zoom control for coarse focus, which is
fine, but not if you want maximum working distance and maximum
magnification. I found this combination to be great for macro, as good
as anything I attempted with the OM system (Best OM: 180/2 lens with
25mm extension and maybe a 1.4x multiplier after the extension.) Since
I do not have the 1.4x multiplier for E-1, it will be interesting to
try the combination of 50-200 + 25mm extension + 1.4x multiplier.

Here is another shot of the bleeding heart with lens set to 200mm, F9,
1/2 second exposure. These shots have been converted to sRGB for better
web display. Adjustments = contrast adjustment only in Photoshop.

<http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5161122_srgb_800x600.jpg> - 800x600
<http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5161122_srgb.jpg> - full resolution

Here was one of the first sets of photos with the E-1, handheld using
the 14-54mm lens. Previous link does not work. I was not looking
through the viewfinder, but just held the camera close to the subject.
Most of the attempts failed, but this was the best lucky shot using
auto-focus. With the 14-54mm lens, you have to hold the camera quite
close to the subject, and this case did not allow looking through the
viewfinder.

<http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5110493.jpg>

Wayne

Oh, and one last macro, really looks like bleeding heart bleeding.

<http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5161105_800x600.jpg> - 800x600
<http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5161105.jpg> - full resolution