[OM] Re: Cold, wet and muddy and broke.

Subject: [OM] Re: Cold, wet and muddy and broke.
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:53:03 -0700
on 6/8/04 9:16 AM, AG Schnozz at agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Two weeks ago I stood on my deck and looked straight up into the
> rotation of a wall-cloud.  It would start spinning up and
> dissipate, spin up a few hundred meters over and dissipate.
> Spin up again and a condensation cloud would start to lower,
> only a few seconds later totally fall apart.  In the preceeding
> two hours, this storm had spawned several tornados.
>
> Meanwhile the tornado warning sirens were blaring away.  This
> cloud had my full and undivided attention.  I knew we were
> almost in deep hockey when a dozen storm chasers stopped on the
> interstate outside our house to watch.
>
> AG

Dorothy, shouldn't you have been in the storm cellar...?

I saw a tornado once, during a 'severe weather warning', while visiting my
cousins. A steamy summer afternoon, a front came through bringing
thundershowers... and about a mile away from my Aunt's house which was on a
hill we saw a funnel come out of the clouds, but it never touched down. I
was about 12 at the time I think, and I still remember. Can't say I need to
see another one, though there's something nice about the time just after the
front goes by, when the air is clean and 'crispy' from all the ozone and
lightning.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...