[OM] Re: Bid names

Subject: [OM] Re: Bid names
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:32:23 -0300
I am mostly bottom-fishing these days, and I mean really bottom-fishing. If
you bid lower than I do, you don't deserve the item (sorry to be so blunt)
:-)
Here's a recent example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3842412325&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT
Besides that, I almost always set snipes if I am really interested in the
item, setting the snipe early, and forgetting about it.  So how would this
system of a list of bid names keep list members from bidding against me?
Should we also report to the list that we have set a snipe?
It seems to me that the system of a list of bid names could become one where
the first list member to place even a watch bid has assured that all other
list members would be out of the running. So what if he is not even serious?
The item could go cheap to a non-list member, essentially at our expense. Or
what if a list member simply wants to buy it cheap for resale?
The epay system is not really a fair auction for sellers the way it is set
up now, so let's not make it worse for them. My 2 cents Cdn. worth.

Wayne (who is not trying to hide his bid name)

PS If anyone needs that shoe 3, and if it is really LNIB (I haven't received
it yet), they can have it for $10, or best offer. I don't have an OM2.