[OM] Re: Philips; cross-point; posi-drive; Robertson

Subject: [OM] Re: Philips; cross-point; posi-drive; Robertson
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:49:48 -0800
Walt Wayman wrote:

>See here for a more comprehensive listing:
>
>http://www.lara.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?cart_id=520524.8174&detailpage=screwtypes

Damn! There are some there I don't have! Of course, they note some are
quite rare, another requires special proof of need and one driver can't
be found any more. Still....

At least I have 14 of the 24 flavors in multiple sizes. I've got a big
VW spline driver around here somewhere, but no car for it to fit
anymore, so I don't count it. And I haven't found anything lately that I
don't have a driver to fit so I guess I'm not suffering from the lack of
others.

And I have lots of crosspoint drivers, which they don't list at all, and
which are definitely different than phillips.* No Reed & Prince either.
I can't recall how they differ.

Thanks for reposting your comparison photo, Mike. I remembered seeing
it, but not where. Now we need the R&P added. :-)

Moose