[OM] Re: which marco flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: which marco flash?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:41:21 -0000
T8 needs a reflector because the tube points backwards.
T10 needs none because the tube points forwards.

I have no experience with T8, but T10 is _very_ easy to use on the end of
the lens.  T28 is a bit more cumbersome, but not by any means difficult.

The difference is in the shadows (of course).  Do you want any modelling of
the subject?  If you do, then T28 is the only way to go.  If you want a
completely flat rendition, then the T10 will give it to you (T8 I suspect
will give a lower contrast result than T10).  But sometimes you do need some
shadows, and you can use T32 ND filters and wideangle adapter to control
(and tone down) the T28.

--
Piers