[OM] Re: which marco flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: which marco flash?
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:21:04 -0600
In brief, no.  We get nada, nuttin, bupkis (translated: not a cotton pickin'
thing!) from Olympus about any of their digital products, except what we
buy.  I learn more about their digital products here than anywhere else!
Since they decided not to train any of us in digital work, and since I'm too
busy to "experiment", we don't even bother.

But I don't think removing the covers over the array would be appropriate --
I was thinking of the cover that gets blasted clean by the ultrasonic waves,
and who knows what else that is necessary to protect things deep inside.

Which makes me think -- anyone remember the old Can*n Pellix (Pellex?), the
SLR camera without a mirror?  They had a semi-silvered prism where the
mirror would be, and calibrated the exposures predicated on the amount of
light transmitted through the prism to the film (or perhaps it should be
called a "beam splitter").  I wonder if anyone has tried marrying the
digital sensor array to a semi-silvered prism?  No debris problems there!

> > Perhaps the color/image aberrations are related to the shield(s) over
the
> > E1's array.  I suspect there's some plastic in there somewhere.
>
> Do you have any diagrams showing how to get to this shield and remove it?
:-)