[OM] Re: An E-1 pic

Subject: [OM] Re: An E-1 pic
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:10:23 -0500
on 2004/12/16 2:17 AM, Chris Barker at ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have taken  loads of pics (well about 80) in the week that I have had
> the camera, but here is one that I quite like.  It's of a little church
> which I spotted a year or so ago while flying in the area around Wyton.
> It is an isolated little place and from the air it looks very lonely ­
> not quite so when viewed from the ground.
>
> http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/PAW/51_04.htm

Very nice.

Nice light, and you've composed nicely to accentuate it. The horizon line
through the middle gives a quiet picture, appropriate for a graveyard. :-)

There's something bright in the grass on the right-hand edge, and a few bits
of telephone pole above it. Some combination of slight cropping, cloning or
burning? Don't crop much - I like the space you've left between the church
and the edge. (Actually, having just tried it, maybe you shouldn't crop.)

> I took the photo using AdobeRGB and SHQ.  Since someone mentioned that
> this colour space makes for a dull image sometimes, I should be
> interested if it does not look bright and cheerful on their monitor.

Bright and cheerful isn't how I'd describe it, but quiet and golden, just
right for early morning or late afternoon. The foreground shadows are
darkish, but that keeps attention on the church.

This monitor may be darkish: on sites that put up test strips the darkest
two or three usually block up. I tried using the standard controls (OS9) but
haven't managed to fix this yet.

Andrew