[OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?
From: "Mark Calzaretta" <OM4Ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:34:14 -0400
James,
I too am a long time OM user having gotten my first OM2 back around 1976-77.
I presently own close to a dozen OM bodies with 57 Zuikos, 6-7 MDs and 8-10
Olympus flashes.

I have only owned my E-300 for about 48 hours, but I am very impressed. I
though it was a great value for the money. The E-300 body, 14-45mm and
40-150mm lenses and a memory card for $949 over at Costco.

This is not the first Oly digital that I have owned. I hace a C-720, C-750,
C-5050, D-100, E-10 and E-20. The optics on all were clearly outstanding
over their competition. I also have a D10 that was given to me for
evaluation, I still like the Oly better.

I think the E-300s controls are set up much nicer than any of the other Oly
digitals I have used so far.

I am itching at the thought of using my 50/1.2 on the E-300 getting an
equivalent of a 100/1/2, not to mention the 90/2 macro and the big glass
like the 180/2 and 250/2. I can't wait to see what the 8mm fisheye is going
to look like on the E-300. Then I have to get the 7-14mm zoom.

Mark