[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
Roland wrote:
> I understand that professionals might need the digital
> throughput and can afford the investment (and re-investment,
> via depreciation, etc).

Not really.  I was spending around $250-300 on film, processing
and proofs for the average wedding.  Now, my amortized costs
with digital are around $250-300 for the average wedding.  And
I'm doing it on a shoestring as compared to most of my peers.
One friend estimates his costs at close to $500 per wedding.

The great "LIE" of digital.

Digital brings more efficient workflow and a general improvement
in the image quality, but the cost savings just do not exist.

> I am also still wondering how a lens can possibly resolve more
> than 5 MPixels on a frame smaller than full format. Am I
> misreading MTF charts ?

Magic.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs