[OM] Re: OK, I did it. There will be at least one Zuikohead at the APUG

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, I did it. There will be at least one Zuikohead at the APUG C...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:29:08 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/2005 8:11:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
adacey@xxxxxxxxx writes:

That  leads me to the other reason for not being able to nail down my
attendance  yet, not sure if I'll have switched over to digital by then
or  not.

The universe in which I operate is that of "camera as tool" and as such it
is not a question of switching, but rather of augmentation of the tools
available.  Yes, I really like digital and have used it much more than I've
used
film since the acquisition of the e-1.  This is due in part to my  fondness for
much of what digital offers and also that I find myself taking more  pictures
because digital does that to you.  You get instant feedback and  "no cost"
proofs.  That being said, my Bessa II MF folder just arrived  yesterday and I'm
almost through with my second test roll.  I'm taking my  Agfa Clack MF apart
this morning to see about cleaning the lens again as some of  my images where
pretty soft and I did a field cleaning job in my Suburban in 100  degree +
temperature using my swiss army knife as my tool kit.  Film is  alive at my
house
and it doesn't have an exclusive contract anymore.  Bill  Barber