[OM] Re: When digital is no good...

Subject: [OM] Re: When digital is no good...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:06:32 -0400
Try reading the following:
Part 1:
<http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF7.html>
Part 2:
<http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF7A.html>
Comparison of several digital cameras with film:
<http://www.gnyman.com/Digital%20Cameras%20comparison%20with%20Film.htm>

In theory, 20MP may be correct but, in practice, when you scan with that
much resolution whatever is there tends to be masked and hidden by the
grain.  Sometimes the grain even gives the impression of detail that's
really not there.

Chuck Norcutt